PHP development is on peak these days. If you are planning to own an independent PHP development business, you ought to know more than just PHP. Here, we discuss six other very significant skills you would need to successful as a PHP developer.
- List what you don’t know: It is important to make certain that you can as much as possible towards developing websites. On the other hand it is also imperative to list what you don’t know. This is an important skill that is somehow missed by new PHP developers when beginning fresh in the market. Initially, you must know how to read proposal requests and how to put in jobs that you can perform proficiently. Otherwise, you may end up over committing and damaging your professional reputation in the starting only.
- Business Communication: As a freelance PHP developer, you have to communicate with all your clients. You must know how to use technology to be right on time in replying all client’s queries. Try to inculcate professional communication style. Many technical people face trouble in communication by themselves. Don’t be hesitant in attending a business communication class in case you need it.
- Business Finance: As a one man army, you also need to manage your finances yourself. It is not necessary to learn how will you do your taxes which can be little tricky for independent contractors. Instead, you ought to learn how to manage you day to day expenses of your business.
- Project management: As you are the boss you won’t have anyone getting on your nerves for completion of the project. There is also a chance that you will be juggling multiple projects and multiple clients at any given time. In that case time management is very necessary.
- Networking: Be an active socialite among PHP developers and web development freelancers in their own niches can help you find more jobs and get referrals. You can also join Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to communicate with other developers as well as with clients you work.