Apps, Apps everywhere but where is the security! We all are crazy for mobile applications our pricey and high definition smartphones and tablets. But somewhere have we ever thought we are downloading an app giving them access to sync with our device having personal information too so are they secure enough to give them that access.
Hardly anyone think over this. However this is the responsibility of mobile application developers to overcome all security loopholes in their apps. As now applications are not limited for entertainment purpose only. May enterprises are also adopting mobile application for their internal tasks and performance efficiency. So, the need to give priority to security heightens with so companies putting their data at stake for these apps.
The perception of a native app as a secure app is not acceptable. Further, encryption of apps by mobile apps developers to authenticate users is also not enough. However, ignoring such security issues may lead to serious consequences like financial loss, reputation tarnish, public shame, twitter shame etc.
Whenever you hire developers or outsource your app for development always make security integration as the foremost requirement. It is because mobile apps will somewhere use your backend services so don’t take a chance. It would be advisable to be sure to consider the following six security properties to have a secure app without any threat of data mishandling.
- Confidentiality: The app data is only accessed by people intended to use or view it.
- Integrity: Only authorized and defined people can make the change in information.
- Availability: The app and information must be available whenever needed.
- Authentication: People’s identity must be checked as per the access given.
- Authorization: People are allowed or denied across the app information as per the requirement.
- Nonrepudiation: A person first cannot perform action and later denying it.