According to recent reports, an average employee has at least 3 mobile computing devices in their possession, be it tablets, laptops, smartphones or any other feature phone. We carry them along at our workplaces, where we have to come through ever more devices.
It’s not been so long when mobile device management was quite simpler for both users and enterprises. Many a times most of us carry around data encrypted Blackberry so as to remotely lock it if lost anywhere.
It is a proven myth that embedded devices have more processing and functional power. Unless you are slow to adapt, working at government, finance institutions, you are using array of some previously used technology.
Working environment is highly influenced with mobile and enhanced technology which is posing some significant challenges for IT sector. According to reports, many renowned organizations are striving hard to strengthen the workforce with mobile technology.
And all the points of consideration includes.
- User interfaces need to be consistent as inconsistency leads to a disjoint experience in navigating from one tool to another.
- Mobile version is not present in most of the enterprise solutions, hence there are very few options that remain with both parties.
- Lack of security protocols integrated into applications with bulk of offset work and number of mobile devices result in security problems for IT administrator.
- No customization is offered by vendor centric apps.
- Multiple log-ins is something which makes productivity a big worry. It is a proven hassle for the enterprise.
- All apps do not support all mobile platforms. An app supporting Blackberry can’t necessarily work on iOS. Anything present on Android is not surely delivered at iOS.
These are some challenges faced by mobile enterprise at usual basis and need to be considered so as to enhance productivity.